Job Title: Electro/Mechanical Technician
Job Location: Markham, ON
What we offer?
Are you curious? Come challenge yourself, innovate and learn in your everyday work - supported by an exceptionally talented team. Join our journey. Mobility is changing - and Veoneer is a part of driving this change towards safe mobility solutions.
Veoneer, Inc. is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. Veoneer is a Tier-1 hardware supplier and system integrator with products being part of more than 125 scheduled vehicle launches for 2022. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 6,100 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development.
You will have access to exciting and emerging technologies. We focus on your professional and technical growth within advanced driving assistance systems (ADAS), collaborative and autonomous driving. We empower our teams to move technology forward in this fast-paced and challenging industry.
What you'll do?
- Preventative Maintenance, repair and implementation of work orders on diverse production equipment.
- Troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic control circuits.
- Troubleshooting mechanical failures.
- Troubleshooting robotic and servo systems.
- Heavy emphasis on machine electrical assistance.
- Manage activities and track results using Leading 2 Lean.
What you'll bring?
- 3 year Electro/Mechanical Technologist Diploma.
- Working knowledge and experience in pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of PLC controls.
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) experience required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
This position is on a midnight shift.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Veoneer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations may be made available upon request from candidates throughout the hiring process.